Tuesday, February 21, 2006

Its The Trip That So fun, Not getting There

The hike was about 3.25 one way, but it seem alot longer, so it was a total 7 miles total.
I have been thinking about doing this one for some time.
I gussed, that the snow was up highter, so I thought it would not be any trouble.
We started hiking about 12 noon, and was up there about 3 o clock.
Will there was a lot of snow up there, about 2 feet at the top in places. But trees and rocks where showing good.
Wife and daught came up almost to the top but it was to slippery to come all the way up.
I look around the rock and under the rock and on top of the rock but no find. Spent about 1/2 hour looking. Most of the rock was uncovered so I look realy hard, I did not want to leave without find it, but sun was going down and air was cooling off.
So off we went with no find.
Got back to the car about 5, made good time.
About another time or summer any ways.
The Kirby Peak Cache link.

No comments: