Thursday, May 01, 2008

The Really Big Fish Story

On Saturday, April 26, the three of us were diving in Brookings.
I was hunting fish and I saw this sea trout on top and small rock.
So I took aim and let it go and got it.
It was about 12 inch long and a nice size, sea trout I thought.

Now Ben and Paul were just about 5 to 8 feet away watching me with my big catch.
And so I have witness, to what happened next.

As I placed my right hand next to the trout, so as to get my fish stringer up to hang the trout on it.
This 4 feet ling cod, came out from under me, out of know were.
And then He clamped his mouth over my poor little trout, and over the rest of my spear.
His head was so wide, it made my hand, which was right beside his head, look only a quarter of the size of his head.
The fish shook my spear, and I shook the spear trying to get it back from this huge monster.
This lasted about 4 or 5 seconds, and he was gone.
And the worst of all, the dirty monster.
He took my poor little trout and left me with nothing.
I tried and tried, to get another, but all the fishing magic was gone.
I found some pictures of what the fish stealing monster must of looked like.
I will be hunting this one for days to come.

4 comments:

Rochelle said...

yikes! That would have scared me to death! I think I would have run away and let him eat my pole.

Sutherlands said...

That was great! I love the pictures at the end. They really help put the size of that monster into perspective.
Love, Robyn

Megan and Greg said...

I completely believe you!! My Dad and I were talking about crazy big ling cod that could just bite your head off! I'm glad it got your fish and not your hand! Pretty incredible thing to witness!

Justica said...

WOW!!! That is freaking amazing! I wish you good luck on your hunt. :) Personally i would have screamed and try to run out of the water with the fish in tow. But only because I was freaking out. That is awesome!!!