Wednesday, April 30, 2008

1st Dive/Fishing Of The Seasons




Saturday April 26. A perfect day at the beach.
Ben, Paul and myself diving at Mill beach in Brooking.
Air temp was 70 degrees and water temp was 50 degrees.
We had 15 to 20 vizes.
Dove at low tide, 10 am.
Left the house around 7:30 and pick Paul up in Grants Pass, and off to the coast.
As aways we have to kick out to the best fishing spot, and it is aways about 400 feet out from the beach.
We did really good going down to the bottom, when we hit the bottom we were all three they together. This never happens, normally.
As you can see, Paul, finally got to spear some bottom rock fish.
I think He got four fish on the first dive and maybe two on the second dive.
Now Ben and myself, had a different story to tell.
As we were starting out into the water Ben found that the rubber band had broken on his spear. So we had one spear between two dives, haha.
So we had found some fish, and I was looking for one that I could get and I pull back and let it go, I was to far away, so it only half got him, and he swim away.
Ben lost control at this point, and grab the spear from me and pick off the first one He saw. Ben got one and Dan zero.
One the secound dive Ben nailed a 24 inch ling cod.
I did get one sea trout, about 12 inch long, but theres a story about that in the next log. LOL


3 comments:

Rochelle said...

That's a great BIG FISH story! I have to admit...those fish tasted mighty good.

Sutherlands said...

You have to tell that story...i purposefully left it out of my post so that you could tell the world!
Love, Robyn

Molly said...

cool posts!! great stories!