Saturday, May 31, 2008

Lost Creek Lake Bike Trail





Looking for a Mountain biking trail to ride Saturday and found a really nice ride at Lost Creek Lake off of Highway 62 that goes to Crater Lake.
The trail starts on the north side near the boat launch.
X 's marks the beginning of ride, the trail I have mark in orange color.
I started late, about 1:00pm, the air temp was about 65 degrees and about half clouds and blue sky's.
It was a single track about 24 inch to 6 feet wide in places.
The trail was not to bad, I did cross over about 37 bridges, the bridges had numbers on them.
This as much like driving the road to Hana, on the island of Maui, I thinks there was about 65 bridges to cross.
It was 12.5 miles one way, from the boat launch to the big bridge on the east end of the lake.
It did not rain a drop the hole tripe to the bridge.
But about the time I turned around to head back, the clouds just opended up and start pouring, I mean it came on so fast that the rain was falling out of a blue sky, the clouds had not had a chances to move above me as of yet.
Then the thunder started booming about a mile or so away, and the rain stopped.
The thunder followed me all the most of the way back a started to gain about 4 miles from the car.
I was thinking maybe the thunder like aluminum bikes that I was riding on. LOL
All in all it was 25 miles in about 3 hour and 40 minutes.
Only bad thing was there was poison oak across the trail at times, so I had to ride through it.
John and Paul, will like this trail, it is a lot like the Applegate lake trail.

2 comments:

Rochelle said...

For those of you wanting to lose some inches Dan has lost a whole pant size doing all this biking. He's back to a 36" waist. Way to go! hmmmmm....I should start doing this....sort of time consuming though...the economic stress garden needs tending.

Molly said...

haha.... good comment from mom. It's nice to get back in shape. :) Sounds like a really cool trail. John will have to ride it with you sometime soon.