Saturday, April 05, 2008

Whats New For Geocaching

As of to day I have:

75 First To Finds, only 25 more to go.

28 Find in one day, on March 28, 2008.

1381 total finds, only about 120 more to go.

The game has added a lot of new members, so we are seeing a huge number of finder, but on the other hand, these people are placing a lot of new caches.

To show you what I mean.
I usually down load about 450 caches into my GPS, so if I'm going some place, I'm pretty much cover to to find a cache near by.
About a year and half ago, that would cover a 75 to 80 mile circumference.
But today, it only get me about 40 mile
circumference.
Thats good but, it seem that I'm seeing a lot of caches that really don't take you any place new, and cool.
Lots of lamp post, and mico caches in the woods, not the best place for mico. in my opinion.
What I mean is, they have got all the room in the world, and they have to hide a cache the size of a postage stamp.
All these new cache are great for number building, so my numbers have grown pretty fast these days.

I went out today, and found 16 cache in about 4 hours, a great run.

3 FTFs

5 Mico.
9 Film canister

2 Big cache

This one cache I went to was way cool, had to work at it, even had to get around this rock. This was a FTF, it had been around about 3 week, the snow kept people away.
CRAZY!
This rock roll off the bank, in the last two days or so. But there was just enough room to get by on the right side.
Only .3 of a mile to the cache from here.
The rock was as tall as my car. LOL



3 comments:

zachariah said...

Man, your hardcore! I still don't have a whole lot, I usually only go find caches when I travel so it kind of keeps a short term deployment travel log. I have placed two of my own now though.

Rochelle said...

It's a good thing that boulder fell before you got there! It's a cool boulder. You should have brought it home for me! LOL

Megan and Greg said...

OH MY GOSH! Rough territory! The rock could have rolled on you! And WOW! Lots of caches! All in one day! Pretty amazing! Sounds fun! We'll have to go sometime!