Wednesday, August 15, 2007

Really Old Bikers

On Friday August 10, I took a day off and drove up into the mountains, geocaching in the Kirby Peak area.
I was looking for the so called shorter trail to the peak, I didn't find it, but I have two more ideals as to where it is.
As I was look for this short trail to the peak, I met this lady who was driving ahead of the group of people on road bikes.
I talk to her about where and when they had started.
They had start on first part of the week, I believe that she mint Sunday, that they had started in Gold Hill, Oregon and rode over Bear Camp road to the cost to Gold Beach, and then down the cost to Brookings and then in on Smith River Road and had started in Cave Juntions that morning and would finsh up in Gold Hill tonight.
She said its about 650 miles, at about 70 to 90 miles a day.
The avarage age of the riders is 65 years old, with one rider who is 82 years old, and He still ride circals arnoud the the younger riders, (So, everone is a younger rider to him?LOL).
When I left these riders they where coming on a place called Deer creek with a about a 3000 feet change at about 10 mile long.
This makes me tired thinking about doing that.

No comments: