Monday, August 06, 2007

A Member of the Family Is Sold





This member join the family about six years ago, to serve and protect the your men of the family.
The 1980 Volvo was found at a tow yard auction in Medford. It had been abandon and towed in and set for about 3 or 4 months, that was in 2001.
I bit $25 as the first bit and a women was biding also, she stop biding at $45 and I won the bid at $50.
It had a died battery so I couldn't tell if it would even run at the time. I did turn the engine over by hand and check the oil and what have you, and every thing looked ok. So cross my fingers and some luck, it would be and easy fix.
Got Randy's Suburb and a car trailer from some friend from church and took it home.
Got home and had it running in about 15 minutes, the alter was bad.
The owner before me had run the battery died and left the car behind.
I pull the alter down and found the the bushes were bad, pick up some bushes at the part house for $3 and that fix it.
I really brought it for Sam to drive as His first car, and turn out that it was Daniel first car also.
It had a slate 4 cyl. and a 4 speed trans and 4 wheel dic brakes, and build like tank as the body goes. I had to replace the out side door handle about 4 or 5 time in the six years that I had it.
The inside of the doors had this big chuck of steel inside of the door to protect the driver and passagers for side hits.
I do know that Daniel did hit a deer and all the damage that it did was damage the grill, and we found another on E-bay for $40 and it was in good shape again.
With 2 different teenagers driving it, I'm sure it hit lots of thing that I will never know about.
I later fixed the right rear corner that was bent up some, I bet it out and bondod it and painted, It look better than did before.
Over the years I spent about $600 fixing it and keeping it running.
I put it in the nicko paper to sell for $300, I got about 10 call on it.
A funny thing happened, on Sunday a Brain call and said He would be out Monday night to buy the car. Will when I got home Monday, Daniel said that I had a call from Brain, and Daniel gave me the phone number and I called and Brain said wasn;t sure if he could buy the car and said could I come down the price and went me to bring it to him and on and on and on.
This is wried and so I check the phone number and found that is was different from the Sunday night call so I called and it was a different Brain, and that He would be out in a short time and get it for the $300.
And any ways It left home and now live in Cental Point. Not to far from home.
The little car did a good job of protecting Sam and Daniel, and if the car could talk I sure it would have tails to tell.

No comments: