Saturday, August 18, 2007

Gone Diving In Gold Hill


Ben and my self dove at the Gold Hill, Train Bridge on Saturday.
Temperature was about 80 degrees out, and the water was 61* degrees.
We geared up by the car, I used only one layer of wet suite and Ben put on both layers.
We used the 72 cu. ft. tank thinking it would be a short dive, about 37 minutes.
In the water we drop down to about 33 feet to start with, and cut across the river to the east bank and then go up stream about 300 feet and than back across to the west bank and surface.
Saw 4 or 5 dead salmen, found some golf balls and out side mirror to a 1964 chevy.
Also a pendent with a cross attached, a toy helmet, and lots of soda cans.
The vizes was about 5 to 8 feet, so it was a little hard at times, I thought I lost Ben a coupe times, but I would catch a glimpse of his fins and we would be back together again.
We came up, on the west side up stream from were are start point was and we had about 750 psi of air left, and we had to go back down stream about 150 feet to pull out point.
At this time we dropped down and went with the current and came back to are start.
I check my air and it was about 450 psi, signaled to be to start up from 35 feet.
As we started up this under water rock cliff, (this made you feel like super man flying up and over a rocky mountain).
Any ways back to the story, as we came up, a white mark caught my eye, and reach out and pick it up, as I did so it turn into 45* auto hand gum.
Woo! thats weird, its got be a toy gum or something, got home and cleaned up it up and its a XD-40 hand gun, 40 caliber.
It has a plastic grip and steel slider and bolt, like a klock pistol, also had a light and lazer site on the bottom side of the barrel.
This gun sell for about $400 to $500 new, I going check with state police tomorrow to see it stoled or was use in a crime.
I would say its been in the water from 1 to 2 months or less.

1 comment:

zachariah said...

Nice find!! My divemaster from my cert class found a Glock in Deception Pass up near Mt. Vernon, WA. He ran it with the police and it turned out to have been used in multiple homicides!!... Hey and thanks for forgetting to tell us about your blog.