Saturday, August 18, 2007

The Portland 8 Bridge Bide 2


This is the start.
We got ther about 7:00AM and had to chang our 10 bridge red shirt to and green 8 bridge shirt. We were gaven the wrong ones, the night before the ride.

I learn a day or two later that this was the biggest turn out of bike rider, there was 20,000 riders at the start.
If you look closely the bikes go back about 5 blocks or more and we are about 1 block from the start.

The start was a lot easer then I thought it was going to be.
There was no pushing or any thing like that, no one fellow over.
Everone started pushing there bikes and after 100 feet or so, there started to ride.



I shot is picture over my shoulder as I was riding alone, in the begain of the ride.
Daniel was right be hind me, as you can see by the picture.
The Weather was just right, the temperature was about 75 degrees and over cast.
At the 17 mile mark, I felt some rain for about 5 minutes, but that was it.

Dad, Ben, Sam and Daniel start the ride together, but broke off into pares, Ben and Daniel, Dan and Sam.
Posted by Picasa

No comments: