Friday, April 27, 2012

Pear Blossom Run has Come

April 14, 2012 at 7:00 AM the race started with about 1788 other runer counting myself.
The air was a little cool, and some mist in the air, that looked like it was going the rain, but it never happened.
Here I'm coming into the finish, just edging around the female runner, and caching the guy in the black.
I ended up passing about 4 or 5 in the last 150 feet or so.
Being I only had about 6 week to train hard, before the race, I did ok.
Last year I started training right after Thanksgaving, 3 days a week, on the track, at the high school, in the dark most night after work, that was about 6 months.
I felt better this year, through the hole race then last year, I was dead at 2.75 make(last year), and had to slow down to cache my breath, this year I did better.
The time 30:53, for some reason, this is 10 sec. slower then last year ??
I went up in the age group, now being 55 years old, I raced against the 55 to 59 year old guys.
So I  came in 9th out of 26 old guys. In the Top 10 is always good.
Out of all the male runners 598. I came in 293.
And 545th out of 1788 runners.
My mile pace was 9:56 per mile.
My number was 6767.

2 comments:

Shannon said...

Not a bad placing for an "old guy." lol!

Ben said...

Wow, pretty cool that you placed in top 10 for your age group.