Friday, March 13, 2009

A Name??

Whats in a name?

This one, got stuck in my head, one day when I was riding the bike.
I could see it down the road for about half a mile.

At first glance, you would think that its a
restaurant or place on the river.
But this is the name of a church.






Remove Formatting from selectionThis one is about St. Patrick.
Makes me think of little guy in a green coat and
green bowler hat.
Doesn't feel to churchy.
I know that Saint Patrick was a Saint.
He pipe the snake out of Ireland or something
like that.
Yes, it dose have the word church.

Here is a coupe of other church names.









So I didn't get a picture of the LDS church sign, but those who have seen it know that is has the Man's name on it, who's church it is.
The Church Of Jesus Christ Of Latter-Day Saint.
This seem really important that is name is there, If this is His Church?
Makes you wonder Who's head of these other churches ??
Doctrine and Covenants 20:1, 115:4
Corinthians 1:10

5 comments:

Megan and Greg said...

Hey Dan, Great post. Thanks for sharing!

--Greg

Sutherlands said...

Interesting point...Rogue River must be proud to be the head of a church. :)

Justica said...

I love the St. Patricks church! I do think of a leperchaun...kinda creepy.

fiona said...

Very true, very true! Though St. Patrick was a great guy, I bet he'd agree that he shouldn't be the head of a church. At least I hope he would...

zachariah said...

Great post, my favourite is the Lutheran church. Martin Luther was a priest in the Catholic church that realized how separated from the teachings of Jesus the Catholic church had become. He made a list of the things and pinned to a door outside a cathedral. People latched on to his complaints and started a church using his name. He had no intention of starting a church in his name, only in highlighting the discrepancies in the catholic church.