Monday, December 01, 2008

How Low Will they Go?


Gas prices, that is.

This is one of our, local station, in Grants Pass, Oregon.

I drive by here almost everyday.

I came by here, at 6 AM at $1.99
and the next morning at 6 AM it had drop to 1.89, a .10 over night. ??

The family members in other countries, with really high prices, would find this interesting.

Lets hope it stay like this for a year or more, but I sure it will go back up in the spring, to $3.00 or more.

I wonder what other people are paying this time of year?

I was looking at a blogger in upper New York, show a local pump with $ 1.59.

As of 12/5/08 the sign now reads $1.79.

7 comments:

Justica said...

It's the same price here in Rexburg. =) I just hope it stays like that while I drive when I get back so I can stock up. =)

fiona said...

I can't believe how much the price has dropped!! Amazing. Really, I'm not sure what it costs here (a LOT) because we just use these 1/2 price coupons we buy at the embassy, so we're never out actual $$ at the pump. But it's expensive, even at 1/2 price.

okay, we just figured it out...it's abt $7/gallon normal priced, and we actually pay 60% of that...so abt. $4/gallon.

Megan and Greg said...

What the heck? That's just insane!!! I DON'T understand gas prices! It went so high I never thought it get that low ever again! Wow! Well, good for you guys! You should fill up a giant tank while it's cheap!

Dan said...

Today the same station has lowered it again to $1.79.
All we can do is hope it stay that way.

Megan and Greg said...

I never thought I would see gas below $2 ever again...
Well, I guess technically I STILL haven't seen them that low again... Here it is about 1.15 Euros per LITER (and there are just under 4 liters in a gallon). At any rate, makes for some cheaper geo-caching for you!
--Greg

zachariah said...

That's just amazing!! Too bad it won't last long.

Sutherlands said...

Oh it is so wonderful to fill of the car and instead of costing $60 it only costs $28! Yes, that is amazing! I will love and cherish it while it lasts!