Sunday, November 30, 2008

Diving, at the Howards

Diving at Howard Prairie lake, November 15, 2008.

Ben and Dan did two dives, 27 feet 35 minutes and 51 feet for 45 minutes.

Blue skies and 70 degrees air temp.

Water was 49 degrees, not to bad, as long as you keep moving.


First dive was at a boat ramp, hoping to find stuff.

Had to gear up at gate and hike about 350 feet to ramp.
Found anchor, crescent wrench, propeller, fishing pole, jelly shoe, and a bunch of small items.

We drove to the dam diving spot with our wet/dry suets on in the car, about 1 mile dive.

The water was about 49 degrees on dive gauges, I left the gauge out in the sun
when we ate lunch, it came up to 80 degrees.




Its about 100 miles round trip to the lake back home.

This is dive 69 and 70.






6 comments:

Ben said...

Haha. I have never driven my car while wearing my dry suit--it is not very comfortable.

Megan and Greg said...

Dan- you are livin' life. I appreciated all the details of wearing the wet suits- fun to know. I can't believe you've had 70 dives. That's amazing. How have you done all you've done?!!!

Rochelle said...

We drove to the Dam Divin Spot...really you shouldn't cuss on your blog...LOL you guys are cool...I only have about 25 dives maybe...

Justica said...

Wow that is alot of dives.I'm glad you had a good time even though you had to hike. Keep enjoying life =)

Dan said...

Will, Ben dive count is much higher.
He stop counting at 150 dives.
But the funny part, I will never catch up as long as He is my dive partner.

Megan and Greg said...

Haha. I am totally jealous of your adventures.

Since when did Ben get a dry suit?

--Greg