Saturday, August 09, 2008

The Day Of the 100

One of my Goals was to ride a 100 miles on my mountain bike in one day.
So on Thursday July 31, I start the riding at 7:30AM.
Because of the heat I had to break this up.
First run: 50 miles in 3.75 hours, avenge speed 13.8.
Second run: 30 miles in 2.25 hours, avenge speed 13.6
Third run: 20 mile in 1.50 hours, avenge speed 13.4

Total : 100 miles in 7.47 hours, avenge speed of 13.4 mph,
Or
starting 7:30 AM and finsh 9:30 PM.

I'll never do this again, my butt and hands were falling sleep.

6 comments:

fiona said...

Way to go, very impressive!! I hope everything woke up okay...

Shannon said...

Great job! I can't believe that you made it without getting butt-blisters. Were these road miles or dirt-miles?

Rochelle said...

I remember that day being VERY HOT! I don't know how you didn't keel over from the heat. Congrats though!

Dan said...

I road out to White City, Then to Gold Hill, than I road the Pleasant creek loop two times.
All road miles.
Check is link.
Great Divide Mountain Bike Route
www.adventurecycling.org/routes/greatdivide.cfm
This is way cazie.
The winner of this race did this in 15 days

Dan said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Sutherlands said...

I am very impressed! I can't believe you got back up and went again and again after resting...I would have been too tired/lazy to keep going after the first ride!