Friday, August 15, 2008

A Day at The Lake

John did invited me to go for a boat ride, at Howard Prairie Lake.
John friend Randy, has a 19 foot Sail boat He bought last year, so he learning how to sail this boat.
I helps to have more than one person to sail with, one to steer, another to fix the sail and another to read the book on how to sail.

Its really a nice boat, not to big, but big enough to have different sails and sail set-ups.

I didn't get a picture of the out side, but here is one from the inside out.

We sailed around for about hour, and then wind just went away.

We tried different angles but there was nothing thing out there.

You no, the last time Sam and Me sail my little sail boat, (8 feet) the same thing happened to use.
Maybe I should do this, LOL

7 comments:

fiona said...

Haha! I laughed at what you wrote about needing one person to steer, one to fix the sail, and one to READ THE BOOK ON HOW TO SAIL! Too funny! That sounds like fun, I'd like to learn to sail someday. Preferably when the wind decides to blow ;)

Rochelle said...

Since when did you ever read an instruction book? LOL

Dan said...

Randy was doing the reading
Dan

heidi and Doug said...

hahah u r one adventursome old guy, love you uncle Dan

heidi

Megan and Greg said...

That is crazy about the ants!!!!!

zachariah said...

Awesome!! I so want to learn to sail, I half seriously checked into sailing school here in Montevideo... but really don't have the time right now. But some day...

Sutherlands said...

It sounds like fun! I love your stories!