Thursday, February 14, 2008

TFT 5 Times

Friday morning I took the day off and went out caching to see if I could better my number of FTF(first to find).
So here the list of finds in the order that I found them:
1. Submerge time of 9:45AM beat the next cacher by 15 minutes.
2. West of Eden time of 10:05AM about 10 minutes ahead now.
3. A Real Gem time of 10:20AM about 2 minutes ahead now.
4. TREEFALL DOWN time of 10:25AM, placed 1/11/08.
5. LIGHTNING BALL time of 11:20AM, place 1/11/08.
Five FTF in one day, a new record.
Duck was close behind me on the first three finds, the last to were way out there so no one had taken the time to go after them, mostly because of the snow we had.

I pick-up a hard to find one in the Glendal area on the way back.
Lots of no finds on this one.
Deer Pond
Funny thing, was that I found the cache laying out in the open, so I don't know why, no one could find it??
Should become more active, now that someone can show that it can be found.
About a year ago I started after this one, it was dark and the CV joint started knocking on the old car and I had another .6 tenth of a mile to go on this dirt muddy road so I turn around while I could still go home on my own power.
HoodY
As it turn out today, it was not much different, still could not drive to it.
It was about noon, but the road was muddy at first and then turn into lots of muddy snow.
Not to bad, but there was a wood cutter park in the middle of the road, couldn't go around either side.
There I seat at 1/4 mile by GPS and about 1/2 by walk.
So I walked up and found it quickly, the place is on a saddle between Glendal and Wolf Creek.
All in all, 9 hunts and 9 finds and great day caching, and got home by 2.
You can crick on the cache names, there are all links to the cache page.

No comments: