Saturday, February 09, 2008

Book Report Time, Star Trek


Star Trek, strange new worlds.
This book was but together, by a short story writing contest.
So the stories are about about 30 to 40 pages long and each one is different.
These people who write for this type of thing are what you would call Treker.
They live and breath the star trek stuff day and night.
I did not think it was all the good of reading material but I started it so I had had to find it.
I was staying at the Holiday Inn in Portland many years ago and the day I was checking out, all these people were checking in for the next day Star Trek Even.
Lots of people dress up like character from the movies and tv programs.
Pretty funny look to me.
Glad I was leaving.

3 comments:

fiona said...

I know what you mean about having to finish a book once you start, even if it doesn't seem to be the greatest. I've always thought it would be interesting to see an actual convention, and all the Trekkies, why didn't you stay? Haha! I'm looking forward to the new movie coming out...

zachariah said...

Loonies the lot of 'em. Though it might be interesting to go once. It's sometimes interesting to see what people decide to worship in their lives.

Molly said...

Dad you could have been Captain Picard! haha!

sounds like it would be an interesting book of stories. heheh.