Monday, February 18, 2008

A Bugs World

Monday AM, I pick up Mike and we drove to the Tomb stone query in Merlin.
Mike found it interesting.
Then I run home to got something to eat, drove to meet Paul and we rode the mountain bikes on a lope of about 12.3 miles, starting on Highland Avenue over Merlin Hill into the Merlin interchange and up to Plum Tree road.
This is and odd road to ride on, because as you turn onto Plum Tree road your looking up this about 1 1/2 straight away. Will it, looks like you are going to be going up hill the hole time.
So your brain kicks in and you start pedaling harder, for about the first quarter of a mile and then you find its actual is getting easier to pedal.
One of these costing up hill phenomenas.
I found myself almost running into the back of Paul's bike before I slowed down.
This is also a funny road, because you start out on Plum Tree and when you cross the rail road tracks the road changes to Pine Crest road.
We road down Pine Crest to Upper River Road back to Paul's house.
12.3 mile in 63 minutes is what Paul's meter said, My said 11.7 in 63 minutes.
We'll go by Paul meter, for recorder keeping purposes.

So on the way home I stopped by and pick up this cache rear this bug art.

He looks like a cricket or maybe Jimmy Cricket. Must be and cricket, because crickets make music with there legs
and grass hoppers only make noise.
Anyways He's all made of steel.
This is a new location for this guy. He's been on the same block for about 4 years that I can remember.

Will I better Hope to it. LOL

2 comments:

Molly said...

That's a really cool bug! I've never seen it. Where in GP is it?

Sounds like you had a VERY busy day and what a lot of fun biking on a beautiful afternoon. John went biking too (15 miles I think).

Dan said...

Located behind the Post Office, by the rail road tracks
Dad