Sunday, November 18, 2007

OOOoouch! (PG-13)


WARNING: Must be age thirteen to view this.

The reason for the PG-13.

I burned my right hand about about four week ago.
I have been taking picture of the healing process, and looking pretty good right now.
Just one of those things, if you play with fire long enough you are bound to get burned. In my case I was not playing with fire, I was being paid to play with fire, and work is not suppose to be play, right.
It seems, that no one is willing to set the bus on fire, to cut these bolts, that strip real ease, most of the time its 4 bolts, two on top and two from the bottom.
You use a cutting torch, with heat in the 2500 to 3500 degree range, in a really small area, so most people don't wear a glove on the right hand, so that you can control the knobs and valves.(had a left glove, its closes to the flame)
I cut the top 4 bolts and with much trouble, there made of nickel, very heat resist its bolts.
The bottom 2 bolt, got the one ok, and was moving a light with my right hand and move it right past the torch head, only about .5 sec. exposer.
I had to finish the job, cut the last bolt, and got out were I could see what I had done, not good, got a bucket of water, to cool it down, it was in there about hour before, Dr. looked at it.( the water really makes a different s)
So heres how it looks today, and going back.
This is a third degree burn.
About 3 weeks old.
About 2 weeks old.

About 24 hours.

The day after the burning.

7 comments:

Andrew said...

You and Eldon are disgusting but at least yours healed faster then his

Rochelle said...

ouch! you didn't mention the fact that you finished your project before heading off to the emergency room.

Molly said...

I think Eldon wins the hand-torture, but still, this is pretty gruesome! Glad it's getting better!

I don't remember you saying that you finished the job either. heheh. You ARE crazy!

zachariah said...

Ouch!! That looks painful.

fiona said...

Yeah...ouch!! I'm glad it's healing well!

Saunders Family said...

okay thats gross you and Eldon should spend more time together,or maybe not...
Love ya glad to see you are healing

Megan and Greg said...

GROSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!