Monday, September 24, 2007

The Metric Ride Of the Century


Molly and my self started out from the park about 8:45 and head out of Rogue River by the mill on N. River road.
We rode about 16 miles to the 1st rest stop, not a bad run, only stayed about 15 minutes and move on before the other 100 or so bikes left.
As we rode into Jacksonville, this guy yelled out from his car "what are you doing on fat tire bike" and than as we turn the corner to start up the Hill With No Top He yell something about what a way tough rider, I did not know what He was talking about till I found the Hill With No Top.

At the 2nd rest stop, at the Applegate store.
At the 1st rest stop on Old Stage Road.

We did find the top of the Hill, it must have come down out of the clouds or something. Molly had to pass me at this point, I saw a 5 dollar bill alone side the road and had to stop to get, (and thats my story and I sticking to it).

We rode into Applegate Cafe at 12 noon, there was a real party going on here. Lots of food and about 200 + riders. We stay about 20 minutes.
We had traveled 36 miles at this time.
At 42 miles my leg seem to have run out of gas, and it was really had to push on, I was sure I could push through it. It took about 7 miles before I come really push again, we we're on New Hope road and a good name, at the time for our hopes was re-newed.
(50 miles)

Dan at the begining of the ride in Rogue River.

Molly at the begining of the ride.

At the last rest stop, at the Reinhart Park, we still had about 10 miles to go with on 2 hills to go over and one really good down hill, Molly and I got up to 40 mph and coasted about 1/2 witch was ok.
We got into Rogue River about 3:30pm, at 68.25 miles.
Rochelle met use there and we set in the grass under the tree and had a nice dinner and rested and rested and rested.
At the time I was sure I was never going to do this again.
Its now been about 3 days and I'm thinking, just maybe JUST MAYBE, I can to the 100 miler next year. LOL.
Oh yeah, The fat tire bike made it in, the only fat tire, to ride the 68.
FAT TIRES RULE.

3 comments:

Rochelle said...

Way to go Dan and Molly!!!!!!!I'm sure I can't ride 100 miles. Maybe 10? Keep on truckin....er bikin....

Molly said...

I'm not too sure about the 100 miles. I think I may do the same ride next year unless I do a lot of biking between now and then. They say it's 100, but is it really 120?

Great Job Dad! I had a lot of fun and it was a cool accomplishment. You should get road tires for next year.... seriously.

look forward to our next bike trip!

fiona said...

Way to go, Fat Tire Man! That's a lot of miles...what a fun Daddy-Daughter "date" :)