Monday, July 07, 2014

The Problem With My Knee


The 5K Pear Blossom race took place on April 14, I had started training for this after Thanksgiving 2013 on a borrowed treadmill.
The training on a treadmill really stinks, the worst type of training that I have ever done, soooo borrowing.
I had done a 5K in February with pretty good time, 32 + minutes for an old 57 year old man.

The knee was feeling a little bit sore, that week but it was still strong.
The started at 7AM and I took about 10 steps and crossed the 1st starting pad, and my left knee POP real hard just about inch below the knee cap.
I could  not go forward, just stood there then I started hopping back torrid the 1st aid station.
A coup of 1st aiders came and help me back to the  tent, they put a ice pack on my knee and sit there about 30 minutes.
I got so I could hop with it,  pretty good, so I made my way back 2 block to the car, that was a longest 2 blocks, took about 15 minutes and didn't hurt at all to drive.
Monday, I met up with Mike S. and He thought is was the meniscus, it had torren, but had to do a MRI.
Had the MRI in about 2 weeks,
Back to see Mike S. and look at the MRI and He was right, I had a terror.
Set a date with Dr. Bents on May 15 for knee surgery, and did the surgery.
Took the 2 stitches out in 14 day and all looks and felt pretty good.
There telling me that I should not run any more 5K's and keep the long bike rides to short ones.
The bike ride make the knee feel much better, so I'm working on that, been doing 5 and 10 mile rides and it seem to keeps working that way.   Biking is the way to go for now.


Not very good pictures, 2 little holes, is all that was needed.
Only missed 4 day of work.
This all took about 2 months to do and $4000.






No comments: