Monday, January 07, 2013

Found That Missing Bolt

This is a bad place to store a missing bolt. Ha Ha
I bought this Metro a few months back and the guy said that the water pump started leak so He installed a new one and drove it around the block and then it started making this noisey and would hardly run to get back.
Must have work on it for a few months, changing the timing belt around to different spot on the gears, and messing with distributor cap, and bought a different fuel injection unit and I'm sure a lot of other things that I don't know about.
So, the story gose like this, this Guy had to take the top of the air cleaner off to get to the water pump, and must have set some of the water pump bolts in the lower half of the of the air filter housing.
And then you know what happened next.
One of the bolts was missing, I sure he thought some one was playing tricks with Him, or one of the kids must have took it and thow it away, and now He had to get another one.
Will here it is.
It run so bad, that it was not ran to long and did  not do any damage.
The only thing is you can't get to it with out removing the head.


So, I now have it all back together and it runs much better now, I drove it about 15 miles last week.
This is my new project car, 1994  4 door Geo Metro, the color is red, not my favorit color, so some time down the road I'm going have to paint it, maybe sliver or California Gold.

No comments: