Sunday, July 22, 2012

Geo Caching In the I V Area

Went after about 10 caches, and only found 4, not a good day caching, but better then and good days work, Ha Ha.
The IV fall cache, never found it
This one was not found, may be missing.


I had never been  down here all the years I had been coming down here to the swing bridge area.
Its about a 10 foot high and all the river is flowing over it, or most of it. a small amount is going around through  a fish ladder, I did not get a look at this.





I. V. #3 ( aka Horn Bend)
This one I found ok, about 1 mile hike in, to some table and a nice place along the river.
No pictures of this one.
But I did come across this little guy watching over one of the caches.

I have been told that the black ones are not as poisons as the gold colored ones, but I can't seen to find much on this. This guy was a dark one and only about 1 inch long. I had to move him around to wake it up, He was found under some rocks I was looking for the cache under, that I did not find it. I have seen a few of theses, before. one of the first timing was when I was fighting a night fire in the Murphy area and I was using the hose to cool down a hot spot, when I looked down and saw this one in the fire light from the fire that I was putting out, a beautiful golden scorpion about 2 inch long running from the heat of the fire, and it was about  12 inch from my foot. So I got a piece of wood and move the scorpion along ways from were I was working. This was one of the first fire of the season, I did not have flash light, there could have been others, who knows.

1 comment:

Shannon said...

I have never seen a scorpion in real life except for at the zoo. You are lucky. That hike looked amazing.