Sunday, October 10, 2010

Another 50 Miler

Saturday the November 2 I rode from the house, out Evans creek road to Sam Valley back into Gold Hill then to Rogue River, then back to the house.
Was going to start at 7 AM but I did not wake up till 8 AM so that is just as will.
It was colder then I thought it was going to be, I stopped about 12 miles out and found a sunny spot to seat in the sun and warm up, before going on.
The time were good.
Started : 8:30 AM
Back : 12:45 PM
Ride time: 3 hours, 41 minutes.
Distance : 50 miles
Average speed : 13.7 mph
Done on road bike.
I going to try and do this one more time before winter starts on the mountain bike.
Maybe in two weeks.
Up date 10/24/10
Winter is here, the next ride is off for now.

3 comments:

Shannon said...

Too bad that you can't go on your next ride. Maybe it'll clear up for a day. We are going on a ride to lacamas lake on the 30th.

Molly said...

I loved reading this whole thing, then your update. LOL yes, it's WAY COLD and wet! :) winter IS here.

It'll be hard to compare your road bike time to your mountain bike time anyway, but GEEZ good job! motivating. I'm a slug these days.

Sutherlands said...

That's so cool that you ride your bike so far! Good thing you didn't get up when you planned if it was so cold!