Tuesday, May 26, 2009

The Story of the Lost Camera

Some time ago I was geocaching in the Little Applegate area and I hiked in about half mile in twocaches.

Will on the way in or way out, I'm not sure witch it was, but I did know till I got back to the car, I lost the camera.
So there was not trail in or out so I was walking all over the place to get were I was going.
I thought I would never find it, so I started down the hill to go home and got to thinking, and remember that I had the GPS on tracker.
It copies a trails to the GPS so you can follow it if lost or walk on the same track to find something like a lost camera.

At about 2 miles a ways I turned around and went back and about 1/4 mile from the parking spot.
Now the fun starts.
A red dirt bike just misses the front of the car my inches, and just as I was in the clear, a white quard come in about 30 feet behind the dirt bike, by now the car is in the buck brush and stopped and right next to the driver's door the quard hit the brush and flip over head first.
I tried to get out really quick but the seat belt is one of the that move alone the door when you open, so I'm waiting for the seat belt to move and I get out and start to grap the quard to pull it off of the rider and started pulling when I found a hot pipe and had to let go, and find another hand hold.
An of course the car was to close to turn the quard on all fours, so I held to the quard till the rider could get out from under the machine.
It turned out that the rider was a little girl about 4 feet tall, she was about 18 or so.
She was ok, with no injuryes.
If the first bike would hit me, the quard would have hit me as will, and what a mess that would have been.
I went up the hill and followed the GPS back about 1/4 mile and found the camera.
What day.


Side note: at church today, the lesson was about tenthing.
When we pay our tenthing.
The Lord watches over use when we least exspeck it or need it.

3 comments:

fiona said...

Wow, what an adventure! I'm glad everyone was okay, and that you found your camera.

Sutherlands said...

Tenthing is an awesome blessing! I am so glad everything turned out A-Ok!

Justica said...

Criminey!!! What a day! lol That is nuts, I am glad she is okay and your car and camera. Funny she was like 4 feet tall. lol Dynamite comes in small packages lol :D