Thursday, April 16, 2009

Nugget Butte

Saturday April 4 I hiked to two geocaches above the city of Gold Hill, Oregon.
It took me about 2.5 hours to get this.

The hike to the "Not There Yet" cache is on top of a knobe about .75 miles from the parking area.
This a link to cache page.
Not There Yet

The view north is up I-5.
If you look close you can see the Rock Point bridge in the center.
Most of the boys from both families have jump off of the thing.
I just dive under it. LOL

Link to the cache page.
Nugget Butte

The big fields in this picture is the Del Rio farms.
Not to many years ago this was a very big pair farm.

It now the Del Rio Winery.
A 100+ acres of grapes.

The picture south is of both table rock mountains and Mt. McLaughlin.

2 comments:

Rochelle said...

The view looks fantastic. I hear its quite the uphill hike! Guess I'll have to try it sometime.

fiona said...

Those pictures are gorgeous!! You have really gotten some great experiences out of geocaching.