Saturday, October 11, 2008

The Lobster Dive

Randy and Dan dove off of a lobster boat on October 4, 5, 6, out of Long Beach, California.











This me suited up, for one of the many dive that we did, Dive master in back ground, and that is Catalina island.
The boat we lived on for 3 days. We ate, sleep, peed and dive for 3 days. This about 10 pm at night, you load your stuff on and stand around waiting for every one else to load up. The weather was bad of the cost, so the boat did not go out till about 4 am. I found my bunk and went to sleep about mid night. I did hear the boat start up, but I didn't know what time it was or did I care. LOL.

On the right is Randy coming out of the water from one of many dives.
I think Randy got 13 dives in.
Dan got 11 dives in, and on my 11th dive my high pressure hose failured at about 45 feet. I still had full tank of air, so I just took my time and came up slowly.

On the left is Captain Ray, look close He dives with no BC and not much of anything else. So one said He went down to 180 feet looking for lobster
No find.

Left is at Two Harbor.
The water was so clear, the diver on the right is at 40 feet down.








The lobsters was another story.
The hole boat only got about 12 lobster between 16 people. Randy can up with 2 keepers.
Tod and Rudy came up with most of these.
Here is one of the little guy, after being cooked.
Had a great time.

4 comments:

Shannon said...

That lobster looks great! Glad you guys were able to get in so many dives.

fiona said...

The water looks gorgeous! And that's a lot of dives for 3 days (at least it sounds like it to me), what a great trip!

Adam said...

i love diving too! unfortunately,though, i havent finished my license yet, but I've been diving everywhere. too busy!

geocaching too. please visit my site at http://mygeocachenation.com

Megan and Greg said...

Wow that must have been fun. And exhausting. Last time I went diving my dad and I did two dives in a day and were exhausted!! Granted, we had to swim a ways out (at the dive park in Washington). Even still, getting the gear on and off is tiring in itself. Glad to see you guys had fun!!

-Greg