Tuesday, October 30, 2012

TR- 6 $$$ Dan Dream Car

 This a Triumph TR-6 build in the 70's and is a British made car.
As you can see it is a two seater sports car.
In high school a young lady in my class had a purple one, with an oak dash, it was really cool.
I would like to own one, but there not cheap.
This one is in pretty poor shape, and they still want to much for it.
Asking $17,000.00.
They have and in line 6 cylinder with a 5 speed over driver, dual side draft carburetter.
They were pretty quick in in there day.
But this car only made about 150 hp.
My Metro has 52 hp.
It could accelerate from zero to 60 mph
in 8.2 seconds and has a top speed of 120 mph.
I have seen about 3 or so in the Rogue Valley.
There could be more, but they only build
86,249 and these were exported.
They have bad rust problems in the frams and fends, and floor pans, I have seen some you could stick your feet right through the floor.
So most of them are just going away.
One day I may find one to rebuild, and just install and American engine and trans.
But it is fun to dream.

1 comment:

Shannon said...

Wow. I can't believe the price. Cool engine.