Monday, April 05, 2010

Peak Cache Series


I started a cache series about a month ago.
In my MTB-ing, I come across a peak or two, so I'm thinking I should place caches on these cool places.
The fist one is about about 2.5 mile hike, and then a .25 mile up a steep hill to the top.
Mule Mountain Cache
But the digital camera is died after its rough life, so now pictures of my own.
And the past week I got out and place a cache up Birdseye creek, that had a great view of the Rogue Valley look into Grants Pass and Rogue River area.
Tail Hold Cache (peak cache #2)The name I gave it because of the tail hold on the top that the Yarder equipment hook there cables to, so they don't turn over when pulling log up the hill.
There logging in the area right now but, there be gone in 3 or 4 months.
I did place another cache that is a none peak, but is on a point of a hill over looking Birdseye valley.
It's called the Big Bald Spot Cache, over look this 50 acres of grass, going down a very steep hill side.
Again no pictures, but I'm looking at a digital camera that I can use on the MTB and for diving, called the Hero Camera.

2 comments:

Megan and Greg said...

Sounds great. I think this is such a cool hobby of yours.

fiona said...

I was just thinking that, too. I love how you're outdoors sooo much, doing/seeing all sorts of things that most people don't!