Sunday, December 20, 2009

There Is Crystal In There Hills

A friend at work told me about this place
were crystal rocks are laying around on the ground.
I got this area pen pointed on a map and seat out to found some.
I had been in the area geocaching, so I new the area some what.
I got there and found a locked gate, so I off loaded the MTB and road the mile or so in and hiked from there.

I hiked for about an hour and found some.
This one above, was in a crack in a about 600 pound rock in the middle of a skid road. The area you see is about 6 inch long.


The next piece I found in the middle of a deer trail, I was able to bring it back, It weighs about 5 pounds.
A little tricky riding the MTB with one hand and holding the rock in the other, through 2 inch of snow, I got back with out crashing.

This one is surrounded by an iron deposit
with the crystal in the center,
I cleaned it up when I got home and looks much nicer.
It seem that you only found crystal in broken rock not hole or round ones.
I found out later that I was to high on the hill, also that I my be able to drive in much closer.

1 comment:

Sutherlands said...

That is so cool, and I have seen the one you brought home. It is really neat!