Monday, June 23, 2008

Interesting Points, Three Weeks with My Brother

I pick-up this book at a book Geocahes, over the week end at the coast.
It had to be good one because its on the New Yorks best sellers list.LOL

Three Weeks with My Brother by Nicholas Sparks and Micah Sparks.

So these brothers, Nicky and Micah, start out in Fort Lauderdale, Florida.
First stop was in Yaxha' and Tikal, Guatemala.

So there walking down this path, following there guide as He is talking about Yaxha' temples and building, pointing this way and that way and saying this building was used for this and so and so was done here.
And the last time some one lived here was about 900 A.D., that was over a 1000 years ago.
The two brother were looking at each other, thinking WHAT IS HE TALKING ABOUT, all they could see, was lots and lots of trees, brush and vines every were.
So the guide explained that the trees and vines drop there leave, 3 times a year, it turns out that it is really is 3,000 years of drop leave and it turns into lots of dirt and more trees and vines, grow on top of this and so on..........
The Guide went on to say:
One of the Stone Temples was on earthed about 80 years ago, they run out of money to finish the job.
It is right over there, that big mountain of trees and dirt and that is only 240 dropping of leaves, and there nothing to see.







2 comments:

Megan and Greg said...

Wow, that is incredible- the leave thing. That book was the one I was thinking. My mom loved it.

Justica said...

Well that is most interesting. Nicholas Sparks is an amazing writer I have read a few of his books. I highly recommend that you read more of his books. I am currently reading his book " The Rescue." Very good so far but very anxious to see how it pans out. I think I'll read that book too. Thanks see ya uncle dan! :)