Sunday, October 14, 2007

The Geo Dog On The Hunt

The Geo dog on the hunt again.


On the hunt, the Geo Dog, found DrDan at the trail head as He was getting ready to head up the trail to find, 3 caches in the area.


The Old Shell Game (FTF)
Beary Sweet Junk
Wheezers Cache
Roadside Ambiance (FTF)
TREE WITH 17 TRUNKS

Called the Enchanted Forest Trail, located off of North Applegate road at the end of Slagle Creek road. The trail I believe goes to the top of the hill or mountain and drop over into Foots Creek area and down to Old 99.
The Geo Dog met there and lead me up the trail to help in finding the other caches, the links are listed above.

I started to walk and I thought, I have the mountain bike in the car why am I doing this, so I walked back and got the bike and rode up the trail and found these cache quickly. The dog stayed with me the hole time and followed me to each cache and waited on the trail for me to go on.

Part of the reason for going after these caches, was one had not been found yet, and its really cool to be the First To Find (FTF) on any caches.

The one cache that was missing, is in a really interest container, home made type, and that is why it was had to find, I actually pick it up and put down before finding it.

This was a good cache day, found two FTF's and out of the five I found.

6 comments:

Rochelle said...

What a cutie pie dog!

fiona said...

You found a lot in one day! I agree with Rochelle, Geo Dog is cute and looks so friendly! What did the homemade geocache container look like, was it like a hide-a-key rock or something? Very interesting stuff, congrats on the FTFs!

Molly said...

yeah I want to see a pic of the crazy hidden cache too. Hope you took a picture!

I didn't know that FTF meant that. coolness.

You are a pro-cacher!

Dan said...

The cache container is small tree stump, about 6" to 8" round and 8" tall, and the bottom was holed out for film canister.
I didn't take picture of it, because it gave away the secret of of the cache, other cacher may be reading this blog. Its bad geo karma. LOL
It was locate by 2 other stumps.
The name" the shell game"
Dad

zachariah said...

Cool! I just found my first FTF in Uruguay a couple of weeks ago and placed my first cache last week. Though I don't think anyone will find it for a while, it's really out of the way.

Megan and Greg said...

I can't believe you found it! Before anyone else! That's awesome!!!!