Saturday, November 10, 2007

Treasure Hunting Again



Went diving at Howard Praire lake Saturday and found some treasures.
A Shakespeare pole and reel and and boat anchor.
Water temperature 51 to a high 52 degrees, not to bad, I was really cold after dive 2.
The vize was a good 20 feet at 35 to 40 feet down and than it got real foggy after that, I did get down to 52 feet.
This gives me 50 dives in about 18 months, not every close to Ben's 100+ dives in a year.
The numbers you see below are averages from the 50 dives that I have completed. Like the W/temp stand for the average temperature of 59 degrees or the Minutes with the 37 is the average bottom time I get from a tank of air.
I hoping to see the depth and bottom time numbers go up in time.



Depth Minute top time air used W/temp Vizes











56 Ft. 37 2.21 2233
59 14

The spot that I dive at this time was really pretty good spot to get in at, because I could almost back the car into the water, but I did not to this but I only had about a 30 feet walk.


3 comments:

Rochelle said...

Did Dan mention he dove by himself? In a lake?...geesh...his lazy partners are getting soft...they don't like the cold...this place sounds nice though...personally my favorite lake dive so far has been squaw lake. It was like being in a fish tank! loved it! But the hike down down down and then up up up! Enough to break your back and your knees!

Molly said...

way to stick to your guns and go on your dive dad (since no one else would go).

Cool treasures!

fiona said...

I think it would be a little bit scary to dive by yourself, so way to be brave! Okay, probably not scary for you, but even in a lake I'd be looking around for sharks or monsters, no doubt. And I'd be cold, too. Man, I would be such an awesome diver! Glad you found some fun stuff down there :)